Myth #1 Proxies are slowWith 72 million real Residential IPs from every country and city in the world, along with no limitations on the number of requests, multiple concurrent sessions, a 99.9% success rate, and a 99.9% network uptime, Luminati is anything but slow. This means that you can collect a huge amount of data continuously, rapidly, anonymously and never get blocked or misled in the process.
Can Luminati accept the Big Data challenge? Yes, it can. Some of our clients send over 20 millions requests per day.
Myth #2 Proxies are detectable, hence useless for intelligence purposes
It is true that “tough target sites” can easily identify IPs that belong to proxy data-centers. Even though you are anonymous, the site knows that something is wrong and will block you, or worse serve you misleading information. That is why you should not be using proxy data-centers but a residential peer-to-peer proxy network which can not be identified as proxy at all.
Here is 30 second explanation of how it works:
Myth #3 Proxies are barely legal
For many years the perception of proxy networks was that it was a grayish kind of technology for barely legal use. Many big name companies would avoid one altogether rather than take the reputational risks. The situation changed when Luminati stepped into the game and opened a whole new era of fully compliant proxy solutions for businesses.
That is why Fortune 500 companies trust Luminati and hundreds of Tier-1 companies are already Luminati customers. In 2017, Luminati was acquired by EMK investment firm (UK) at $200M valuation.
Myth #4 Proxies are not safe to use
Many companies do not use a proxy solution out of fear that it can compromise company security.
- Luminati is fully committed to complying with all relevant data protection legal requirements, including the new EU data protection regulatory framework - the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Only companies that pass Luminati’s strict User compliance evaluation (Know Your Customer) process successfully may use the Luminati network.
Myth #5 Proxies are for limited use cases
Some companies do not use a proxy because they simply don’t know how they can benefit from it. No blame for that, many people have no idea how or why to use a proxy network, other than for watching movies. Well...You can keep watching movies but your competitions is already using Luminati proxy network for:
- Marketing research - to understand trends and their development on global and local levels
- Developers - to test sites and software from any country or city in the world
- Advertising networks - to verify ads and detect malicious activity
- Social Media Management - to manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Travel and ticketing services - for competitive intelligence
- Back-end and front-end retailers - to compare prices and trending products
- Banks and Insurance companies - for security checks and risk assessment
And that is just some of the use-cases. Luminati allows you to be creative with your data, allows you to be daring. As long as it is legal, only the sky is the limit.
To learn more about our Proxy Services click here.