< Back to Integration
Luminati and Insomniac integration
Insomniac browser allows you to apply one proxy per tab and hide your online footprint by applying a different IP address for every tab you open.
Set-up for Insomniac browser
- Install Insomniac browser
- Download the Insomniac extension ‘Proxy Per Tab’
- Within the extension, click the tab ‘Add a Single Proxy’
Integrating Luminati with Insomniac
- Begin by going to your Luminati Dashboard and clicking ‘create a zone’.
- Now choose your ‘Network Type’.
- Click ‘save’.
- Within your previously opened ‘Add single Proxy tab’ in Insomniac, copy your Luminati zone details:
- The host name is
- The port is
- For the username field in Insomniac enter your Luminati zone username
- Each of your zones has a unique username which is a combination of your account ID and the zone name
- Lastly, copy the Luminati zone password (found in the zone settings) to the password field in Insomniac, and click ‘Add proxy’
- Now in the proxy per tab extension, select ‘Rotate through the proxy in order.’
This particular selection will automatically select a proxy port for each tab in linear order versus random order.
Integrating Multiple Proxy Manager ports with Insomniac
- Download Luminati Proxy Manager
- Create a new port, by clicking ‘Add new Proxy’
- Select the new port (24XXX) and got to the ‘General’ tab in the port settings
- In the ‘Multiply proxy port’ field select the number of proxy ports to create. This will create multiple proxy ports with the same settings
- Your Spreadsheet Contains the following columns:
- Custom Name: Add a name for each proxy
- Host: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 24XXX
- Leave the Username, Password and Tags fields EMPTY (as the Luminati Proxy Manager has already been authenticated with the Super Proxy)
- Save the file as a CSV and not as an XLS or XLSX.
- In Insomniac ‘Proxy per tab’ extension select ‘Manage Proxy list’, and select ‘Add bulk proxies’
- Select ‘Import proxy list’ and upload the csv